PASC23 important upcoming deadlines
The PASC23 Organizing Team is pleased to announce two important upcoming deadlines:
- November 30 > Minisymposium Expressions of Interest in the following two domains:
- Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
- Life Sciences
- December 11 > Paper submissions
Special call for minisymposium expressions of interest (by November 30)
For this special call, we welcome minisymposium proposals targeting scientific computing applications and methods in all areas related to the applied social sciences and humanities (research software engineering, behavioural, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts) and to life sciences.
Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
Are you a researcher using HPC in fields such as research software engineering and science,complex systems, economic modelling, econophysics, financial networks, risk management, urban planning, transportation analysis, artificial intelligence, image processing,text analysis, computational linguistics, numerical optimization or simulation-based statistical inference?
Or a researcher using HPC in fields such as biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience, and computational biology?
Then, we look forward to receiving your minisymposium expression of interest by November 30, 2022!
Expressions of interest must be submitted through the PASC23 submission portal. The expression of interest comprises the following:
- Title of the minisymposium
- Scientific domain(s): A primary domain and (preferably) additional domains.
- Organizer details: Names and contact details of organizers (up to three).
- Abstract: Description of the minisymposium (up to 500 words), including suggestions for topics and speakers.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: A statement on how you will address issues of diversity and inclusivity in proposing speakers you intend to approach.
Please check the guidelines for minisymposia for further information.
The PASC23 Minisymposia and Posters Program Committee looks forward to receiving your contribution!
Call for paper submissions (by December 11)
The PASC23 Papers Program committee is pleased to remind you that you are still in time to submit your paper for the Conference.
We welcome original research related to scientific computing in the following scientific domains:
- Chemistry and Materials (incl. ceramics, metals, and polymers)
- Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences (incl. solid earth dynamics)
- Computer Science, Machine Learning, and Applied Mathematics
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow)
- Applied Social Sciences and Humanities (incl. but not limited to behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, research software engineering and science, philosophy, languages and the arts)
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD)
Papers that are selected for presentation at PASC23 will be published in the Proceedings of the PASC Conference, accessible via the ACM Digital Library. A selection of the highest quality papers may be given the opportunity of a plenary presentation.
Contributions (maximum 10 pages) should be submitted through the PASC Conference online submission portal.
Please check the Guidelines for Papers for further information.
11 December 2022: Deadline for paper submissions (NO EXTENSIONS!)
31 January 2023: Review notifications
05 March 2023: Deadline for paper revisions
05 April 2023: Acceptance notifications
The PASC23 Papers Program Committee looks forward to receiving your contribution!