Swiss researchers, professors, and lecturers have the opportunity to spend an Impact Sabbatical at Swissnex in San Francisco in the Spring or Summer of 2023. Participants of this sabbatical will be part of a Swiss academic cohort conducting research on a shared subject. The Spring Cohort will focus on Climate & Sustainability and the Summer cohort will focus on Health & Well-Being.
The sabbatical program provides participants with an immersion into the San Francisco Bay Area innovation ecosystem that helps them take their research project to the next level. Swissnex supports participants to enrich their research projects with insights and inspiration from the San Francisco Bay Area and helps them to collaborate with the local ecosystem by finding interesting partners, learning new skills and knowledge, and expanding their mindset in terms of impact, inclusivity, and more.
The program includes training sessions and workshops, introductions to relevant ecosystem players, regular check-ins, and access to Swissnex’s workspace at Pier 17.
Start Date: April 11, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
- Decision by Swissnex: by February 15, 2023
- Travel Commitment Deadline: March 6, 2023
- Kick-off (virtual): March 13, 2023 (17:00 CET)
- Prep Week (virtual): March 13-17, 2023
- Sabbatical Start in SF: April 11, 2023
Start Date: July 17, 2023
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
- Decision by Swissnex: by May 15, 2023
- Travel Commitment Deadline: June 12, 2023
- Kick-off (virtual): June 19, 2023 (17:00 CET)
- Prep Week (virtual): June 19-23, 2023
- Sabbatical Start in SF: July 17, 2023