Special call for minisymposia in humanities and social sciences (by December 15)
Are you a researcher using HPC in fields such as complex systems, economic modelling,econophysics, financial networks, risk management, urban planning, transportation analysis,artificial intelligence, image processing, text analysis, computational linguistics, numerical optimization or simulation-based statistical inference?
PASC22 is pleased to announce a special call for minisymposia targeting scientific computing applications and methods in the social sciences and humanities.
PASC22 brings together researchers from different disciplines to learn about each other’s scientific computing methods and tools, inspire new ideas and build new inter-disciplinary collaborations.
For this special call, we welcome minisymposium proposals in all areas related to the social sciences and humanities (behavioural, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts); proposals that address aspects emphasizing the challenge of PASC22 – “Computing and Data… for all Humankind” – and the affiliated topics “Computing for Planet Earth”, “Data Science and Inequality”, and “Epidemiology and Public Health” are particularly welcome.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 15 December 2021.
Expressions of interest must be submitted through the PASC22 submission portal. The expression of interest comprises the following:
- Title of the minisymposium
- Scientific domain(s): A primary domain and (preferably) additional domains.
- Organizer details: Names and contact details of organizers (up to three).
- Abstract: Description of the minisymposium (up to 500 words), including suggestions for topics and speakers.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: A statement on how you will address issues of diversity and inclusivity in proposing speakers you intend to approach
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Last call for paper submissions (by December 12)
The PASC22 Papers Program committee is pleased to remind you that you are still in time to submit your paper for PASC22.
We welcome original research related to scientific computing in the following scientific domains:
- Chemistry and Materials
- Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences (incl. solid earth dynamics)
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow, …)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (incl. but not limited to behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts)
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology, …)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD)
Papers that are selected for presentation at PASC22 will be published in the Proceedings of the PASC Conference, accessible via the ACM Digital Library. A selection of the highest quality papers may be given the opportunity of a plenary presentation.
Contributions (maximum 10 pages) should be submitted through the PASC Conference online submission portal.
Please check the Guidelines for Papers for further information.
- 12 December 2021: Deadline for paper submissions (NO EXTENSIONS!)
- 08 February 2022: Review notifications
- 06 March 2022: Deadline for paper revisions
- 06 April 2022: Acceptance notifications
Sponsorship packages available for PASC22
The PASC22 Organizing Team is pleased to invite organizations from industry and academia to take advantage of a range of sponsorship opportunities for PASC22 that are suitable for a hybrid format of the event.
PASC22 – to be held at the Congress Center Basel, Switzerland, from June 27 to 29, 2022 – offers a great chance for organizations to gain visibility at an international level, to network with key leaders in the fields of HPC, simulation and data science, and to showcase research and development.
The conference provides a global platform for participants from academia, research labs and industry to discuss the state-of-the-art in high performance computing simulation and data science. PASC22 brings together researchers from diverse scientific fields including Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences; Chemistry and Materials; Computer Science and Applied Mathematics; Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering; Life Sciences; and Physics. The conference builds on a successful history – with 477 attendees from 28 countries in 2021 – and continues to expand its program and international profile year on year. Kindly contact the Organizing Committee email@example.com to secure your sponsorship package!
Sponsors at previous PASC Conferences
PASC Conference partner sponsors at previous editions of the event include Absolut Distribution AG, Dalco AG, DDN, Dell EMC, Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Inspur, Intel Corporation, Microsoft, NCCR MARVEL, Novartis, NVIDIA, Paul Scherrer Institute, and University of Geneva.