80%-100%, Lugano, permanent
The position offers a wide range of technical challenges and the possibility to work at the forefront of technology development and implementation including development of a security vision, strategy and needs for the centre. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Installation and configuration of security software for monitoring and preventing breaches and violations
- Conducting penetration tests to detect vulnerabilities in information systems
- Planning and management of response and countermeasures in the event of cyber attacks
- Training and education of employees on information and data security, and cybersecurity procedures
- Serving as Information Security officer (ISO) for CSCS interfacing with ETH Zürich Chief Information Security officer (CISO)
- Recommending security changes to the CSCS leadership and management
As an Information Security Specialist, you are expected to have an in-depth understanding and hands-on experience of cybersecurity technologies, threats, and countermeasures to ensure secure operations of the data centre. You are expected to have a higher education degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (IT) and at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in network and IT security, preferably in a data centre or public cloud environment. Experience in performing analysis with SIEM technologies such as Splunk and ELK together with experience in performing proactive and reactive threat hunting using MITRE ATT&CK or similar frameworks are considered essential for this position. Certifications in network and security administration such as CISA & CISSP, CySA+ or equivalent together with OSCP, GIAC (blue team, read team and cloud) certifications are also considered essential for this position. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of security appliances/tools such as host based and network based IDS/IPSes, WAFs, etc, and practical experience with various Linux distributions, firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Design and implementation of Zero Trust Architecture in an operational environment would be considered a plus.
Beside your motivation to accept new challenges and work independently to solve complex problems within a vibrant and collaborative scientific environment, you are characterized by strong communication and organizational skills. You are a solution-oriented person and are able to work under pressure in diverse teams. You are a team player and feel comfortable working in an international environment. You will work closely with the CSCS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security teams.