The University of Lausanne is a leading teaching and research institution composed of seven faculties where approximately 15,000 students and nearly 5,000 collaborators, professors, and researchers work and study. Ideally situated by the lake of Geneva, near Lausanne’s city center, its campus brings together over 120 nationalities.
The DCSR (Division de Calcul et Soutien à la recherche) is a division of the central IT services of UNIL that provides HPC, storage and support for all faculties of UNIL.
HPC Systems administrator
Expected start date in position: ASAP/to be agreed
Contract length: Unlimited (CDI)
Activity rate: 100 %
Workplace: University of Lausanne, Dorigny
- Install, manage, maintain and monitor DCSR HPC resources
- Install, manage, maintain and monitor DCSR general purpose systems
- Help the users to use efficiently the DCSR resources
- Present and explain the DCSR resources to different groups of users with different base skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems -or – equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong programming skills in bash/shell, Perl and Python
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux TCP/IP networking
- In depth experience with configuration management and system provisioning methods and tools (Ansible, Puppet, Foreman, Kickstart, X-Cat etc)
- Good experience with virtualization and container technologies (KVM, docker, Singularity) would be an additional asset.
- Strong understanding of linux storage technologies (LVM, RaidManager, ZFS, NFS, NAS)
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Experience in managing cluster filesystems (Spectrum Scale, Lustre or BeeGFS)
- Experience in managing distributed resource managers (LSF or Slurm)
- Experience of Infiniband networking
As well as:
- 5 years experience in management of UNIX/Linux based systems in a high-performance computing (HPC) environment.
- 2 years experience in management of HPC filesystems
- 2 years experience in management of HPC schedulers
What’s Different About Us?
- Big Impact – you will directly impact the workflows that manage 15’000 students and nearly 5’000 collaborators
- A dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international working environment
- An opportunity to get your hands dirty with new technologies as they emerge
- Great colleagues and beautiful view to the lake
For more information, please contact Roberto Fabbretti (email@example.com)
- Deadline: 30.09.2023
- Please, post your full application in PDF here https://www.unil.ch/carrieres/emplois.
- Only candidates who applied through UNIL website will be considered.
We thank you for your understanding