We are happy to announce the final agenda of the second Forum of the hpc-ch community on “Operating Systems for HPC and Installation Methods” (EPF Lausanne, May 20).
In total we have 31 registrations, 6 presentations and 2 site visits at the infrastructure of EPF Lausanne. We would like Vittoria Rezzonico for the big help in organizing this day.
Attention – Change of restaurant: The hpc-ch meeting will already start on Wednesday, May 19th with a common dinner starting at 19:00 at the Pizzeria le Milan, Boulevard de Grancy 54, 1006 Lausanne.
10:00 – 10:30 Registration and welcome coffee
10:30 – 10:45 Greeting and introduction
- Welcome note by Jean-Claude Berney and Didier Rey (EPF Lausanne)
- Introduction by Vittoria Rezzonico (EPF Lausanne)
10:50 – 11:30 Keynote presentations
- AutoYaST and Installation of central services clusters; Jacques Menu
- Installation of a cluster of PS3s; Maxime Augier (EPF Lausanne)
11:30 – 11:50 Data and computing centers at EPFL, a brief introduction
11:50 – 12:10 Site visit of data and computing centers, Central Services + FSB
12:10 – 13:00 Buffet lunch
13:00 – 13:40 Site visit of data and computing centers, Central Services + FSB
13:45 – 14:30 Site visit of the I&C computing infrastructures (PlayStations!)
14:30 – 15:15 Presentations by hpc-ch members (part one)
- Configuration management with puppet and coupling it to kickstart at PSI; Valeri Markushin (PSI)
- An overview of operating systems, installation procedures and monitoring at CSCS; Peter Öttl and Fotis Georgatos (CSCS)
15:15 – 15:45 Tea and Coffee break
15:45 – 16:30 Presentations by hpc-ch members (part two)
- Experiences with the Rocks Distribution for Cluster Deployment at USI; Dorian Krause (USI)
- Managing the Bernese cluster using the tools from gentoo.org; Stefan Ott (University of Bern)
16:30 – 17:00 Final discussion and farewell