Dear members and guests of hpc-ch
Last year was very successful for our hpc-ch community. In addition to the two forums we also participated for the first time with our own booth at ISC11 and SC11. I would like to thank all organizations (sponsoring, infrastructure) and people (engagement) that made all this possible. I believe that we could demonstrate the capabilities of Switzerland in HPC at an international level.
This year’s goal will be to keep the (high) level of last year the same, with a small extension.
Let me start with the small extension: Different companies deploying HPC systems demonstrated interest in our activities. For this reason I started creating a sub community called “industry” (the original one being called “academia”). I’m sure in the mid term we will find interesting synergies between these two communities. At this time I do not plan any specific activity or event for industry. Please tell me if you know someone from industry (not vendors) that could be interested in joining us.
For the events we have a small change in the subject order of the forums. Together with our colleagues at EMPA we decided to change the content (not the date and place) of the forums. EMPA will host an event in May on Infrastructure for HPC and CSCS will host in October an event on storage. This because we have different running projects about storage in Switzerland, with results expected in autumn.
The list of events for 2012 is the following:
- HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Conference 2012, March 13-15 in Lugano, bringing together system managers, researchers, developers, computational scientists, students and industry affiliates for cross-training and to discuss recent HPC developments and future advancements. More details on a the agenda and registration »
- hpc-ch Forum “Infrastructure for HPC“, hosted by EMPA, May 24, 2012
- Community booth at ISC12, Hamburg, June 18-21, 2012
- hpc-ch Forum “Handling huge amount of data for HPC“, hosted by CSCS, October 25, 2012
- Community booth at SC12, Salt Lake City, November 12-15, 2012
In due advance we will send you a call for participation for the two forums and ask for a contribution for the booths (sponsorships are welcome).