The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) is operated by ETH Zurich and is located in Lugano, Switzerland. In addition, we have offices on the ETH Hönggerberg Campus in Zürich. CSCS develops and provides key supercomputing capabilities for solving important problems in science and society.
CSCS is looking for multiple System Engineers to provide operational support to CSCS’ rapidly expanding HPC and cloud infrastructure.
As a System Engineer you will design, develop, deploy and operate a cutting edge HPC datacenter infrastructure in collaboration with industry leaders to support scientific research.
The position is for an unlimited contract (with an initial probation period of three months). The starting date is as soon as possible.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams to implement next generation HPC resources
- Integrate the new resources with customer services and workflows
- Deploy required essential and supporting services on top the “Alps” infrastructure
- University degree (or equivalent practical experience) in computer science or in a natural science with a high degree of competence in computer science.
- Good linux system engineering skills
- Good knowledge and experience with contemporay DevOps technologies and having the matching scripting and programming skills.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies a plus
- Experience with containerization of services and microservices architectures. Kubernetes knowledge a plus.
- Good communication skills. Good spoken and written English (official working language)
- Flexibility to combine office and remote work
- A self-development plan for your professional growth
- A great working space in the heart of Zurich/Lugano, Switzerland
- Participation in community and technical events
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (CV and Cover letter). Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information, please visit our website or contact Mark Klein, System Engineering Unit Head by email email@example.com (no applications). Please check the CSCS website for details on the different topics.
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.