Are you interested in contributing your IT skills for brain research? Blue Brain Project (https://www.epfl.ch/research/domains/bluebrain) applies neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to understand the mammalian brain in health and disease. To succeed in this challenging quest, BBP is now searching for two Site Reliability Engineers to join their IT section. So, if you love…
- Learning opportunities in your everyday work
- Infrastructure as code -principles
- New IT technologies
- Unbeatable colleagues
- XL-sized HPC compute and storage systems
then you might be a good fit to our IT team! On a daily basis, you would have opportunities to work with multiple different solutions:
- 1200+ physical (Linux) servers (our HPC cluster), Slurm, Open OnDemand, Apptainer
- 4PB NetApp and 8PB DDN GridScaler (GPFS)
- OpenStack, Kubernetes
- Puppet, GitLab, Foreman, Rundeck, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Logstash, Icinga
- Jira, Confluence etc.
The “must-haves” for this position are:
- At least 3 years of recent IT engineering experience in IT service production
- Configuration management, provisioning tools and CI experience (hands on)
- Good understanding of Linux in server environments
- Programming and scripting (preferably Python, shell) skills
- Experience dealing with monitoring systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP & load balancing).
The nice-to-haves include e.g. experience with:
- Cloud and container platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes)
- Storage systems (NetApp, Spectrum Scale).
We appreciate the fact that you:
- Like helping your colleagues when needed
- Like documenting (JIRA, wiki) your work
- Don’t like cutting corners
- Enjoy keeping IT systems safe and secure
- Are able to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken).
We offer you the following benefits:
- An English-speaking, multicultural work environment
- Opportunity to be part of a world-renowned science institution
- Hybrid working opportunity (home & office)
- Beautiful, modern office just a stone’s throw from the Lake Geneva
- Half-price access to public transport in Switzerland
- Opportunity to participate IT community and technical events
- … and unlimited, free coffee!
Please apply via EPFL’s recruitment page by submitting your CV and a cover letter (in English)!