The PASC18 Conference begins in less than two weeks. We are pleased to share with you the latest news about the conference.
Program Booklet and List of Contributors Now Online
The full program of PASC18 is now available as PDF in two formats, as a booklet and as an overview brochure. Both will be made available to participants at registration.
Additionally, the technical program of PASC18 can now be explored via an index of contributors with links to the abstracts, along with information on the dates, times and locations of the presentations.
This year’s program includes:
- Keynote presentations on earthquake dynamics, numerical weather prediction, and fusion plasma modelling, as well as a public lecture on massive-scale data analytics
- An interdisciplinary dialogue featuring two accomplished researchers from different HPC domains in a “colourful” discussion of quantum chromodynamics and modern-day scientific computing
- An interactive panel discussion on Big Data and Fast Computation with perspectives from industry and academia
- Eight original research papers presented in plenary and parallel sessions, and published in the ACM Digital Library
- Close to 200 presentations in 48 topically-focused minisymposia
- 60 posters presented at a flash session and evening reception
Eight local and global organizations are showcasing their research and development at PASC18. Exhibition stands will be located in the foyer on the second floor of the Congress Center. This year’s program includes:
- BioExcel – Centre of Excellence for Computational Biomolecular Research
- CADMOS (UNIGE-EPFL-UNIL) – Centre for Advanced Modeling Science
- CSZ – Computational Science Zurich
- E-CAM – E-CAM Centre of Excellence for software development, training, and industrial discussion in simulation and modelling
- HPE – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- ICS – Institute of Computational Science of the Università della Svizzera italiana
- Microsoft Switzerland Ltd.
- Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) of ETH Zurich
The PASC18 Public Lecture is scheduled for Tuesday, July 3, from 18:30 to 19:30 in the Montreal Room of the Congress Center Basel. Don’t miss the opportunity to invite your colleagues, students, friends and family to listen to David Bader’s presentation on “Massive-Scale Analytics Applied to Real World Problems.” David Bader, a Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology, will discuss the opportunities and challenges in massive data-intensive computing for real-world problems such as detecting and preventing disease in human populations and revealing community structure in large social networks. The presentation’s abstract and the speaker’s biography are available here.
Proceedings of the PASC Conference
We are pleased to announce that full papers accepted for PASC18 are now published in the Proceedings of the PASC Conference, accessible through the ACM Digital Library (click the “Table of Contents” tab). Papers will be presented as 30-minute talks at PASC18.
Preparing for Your Presentation at PASC18
We request all those who are presenting a talk or poster, or chairing a minisymposium, to please read the Guidelines for Presentations well in advance of the conference.
We look forward to welcoming you to the charming city of Basel on July 2nd for three days of stimulating technical sessions and networking opportunities.