The Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) is delighted to launch a Call for Abstracts for its next conference (PASC16) cosponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). The Conference will be held from June 8 to 10, 2016 at the SwissTech Convention Center, located on the campus of EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland.
June 8-10, 2016
SwissTech Convention Center
The PASC Conference is a platform for interdisciplinary research across the areas of computational science, high-performance computing, and various domain sciences. PASC16 builds on a successful history with 350 international attendees in 2015. This year PASC continues to expand its program and welcomes your participation in a substantially larger event.
The PASC16 Conference seeks to engage participants from academia, research labs and industry to address important issues in HPC and computational science. The PASC16 Conference is inviting researchers from diverse scientific backgrounds to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and exchange of expertise. The conference is an opportunity for researchers in branches of science that require computer modeling and high-performance simulations to discuss computational techniques and technologies.
The PASC16 Conference will offer five plenary sessions and one public lecture, as well as minisymposia, contributed talks and poster sessions in eight different scientific domains. It will also present for the first time a session dedicated to papers selected for publication in the ACM Digital Library (a call for papers will be distributed separately). The program will provide time for discussions within PASC scientific disciplines (inter-PASC Networks discussions), and an exhibition space.
Researchers from academia and industry are encouraged to participate and present their research in the form of minisymposia, contributed talks and/or poster presentations. PASC16 welcomes abstract submissions (1000 characters including spaces) in the following scientific fields:
- Climate and Weather
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Emerging Domains (Special Topic: HPC and Big Data)
- Life Sciences
- Solid Earth
- Contributions should be submitted using the online submission system.
Guidelines regarding the submission process and access to the online submission system are available at: www.pasc16.org/submission
- Minisymposia: January 12, 2016
- Contributed Talks: March 2, 2016
- Posters: April 3, 2016
- Jan Hesthaven, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nicola Marzari, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Olaf Schenk, Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland
- Laurent Villard, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
Scientific Committee Track Chairs
- Climate and Weather: Peter Bauer, European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, UK
- Computer Science and Mathematics: Bastien Chopard, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Emerging Domains (Special Topic: HPC and Big Data): Costas Bekas, IBM Research, Zurich, Switzerland
- Engineering: William Curtin, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Life Sciences: Felix Schürmann, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Materials: Gian-Marco Rignanese, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Physics: Lucio Mayer, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Solid Earth: Johan Robertsson, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Please refer to PASC16 website for further information about the conference and the supporting organization: www.pasc16.org