Your mission :
EPFL’s School of Computer and Communication Sciences is looking for an experienced cloud/devOPS architect to reinforce its IT Services team. The IC-IT services deliver premium IT services to 1’800 students and 500 researchers or administrative employees. IC School has its own cluster. The infrastructure, HaaS, containers, the portal are up and running smoothly. The cluster’s automation needs to be brought to the next level. It requires connection to internal and public clouds for bursting purposes. We aim at building the expertise of the best in class (AWS, Azure, GCP) to help the user consume the right service from the right provider.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and dynamic hands on professional wanting to help build the next phase of the IC School’s infrastructure.
- Provides premium proximity support to research labs and other units in its field of activities
- Supports the IC School GPU Cluster (Infrastructure as code (Ansible), PHP, mySQL, Kubernetes, Containers, Compute, Storage (object storage included). HaaS, IaaS, Paas, etc.
- Connects the HPC IC School cluster to other internal and/or public clouds
- Advises users to the appropriate and available cloud solution knowing the compliance constraints
- Adapts and creates documentation
- Creates the right services and processes (efficiency/lean oriented)
- HES engineering degree in IT (or equivalent)
- 3 to 4 year’s hands on experience with AWS, Azure and GCP (or at least two of them)
- Proven record of cloud architecture development
- Hands-on experience in product building with AI/Machine Learning, Serverless/Lambda, Containers, and Security
- Successful implementation of infrastructure automation through CI/CD, scripting (e.g. Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with YARN, HDFS, SPARK
- Compliance aware and security minded
- Fluent in French and English
- Great social skills, can do attitude, is ready to go outside his/her comfort zone
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Autonomous and self-starter
- Experience in an academic environment
- Relevant certifications in the above fields (public clouds, etc…)
- The opportunity to be part of a world-renowned science and technology institution
- Excellent working conditions in a stimulating, dynamic, and multicultural academic environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Possibilities for further education
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered.