hpc-ch forum on HPC Configuration Management
Thursday, May 19, 2022
The often untold story about HPC is configuration management. When it comes to administering even small HPC clusters, configuration management is key. Since this happens in the background, most users are not aware of all the efforts to keep a cluster up-to-date, all nodes in sync, and to react to users’ demands for specific settings. There are almost as many ways to fulfill this task, as there are HPC systems.
In the next hpc-ch forum we will discuss questions like:
- which configuration management tools have been proved to be useful?
- which caveats can be found in managing HPC clusters?
- is it preferable to use preconfigured configurations or to define the configuration management from the scratch? Is there a middle ground?
- which role are configuration management databases (CMDB) playing?
- which new aspects in configuration management have been brought-in by containerization and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)?
- what are your experiences with configuration management systems?
Call for Presentations
Member presentations are essential for our forums!
If you are willing to contribute with a short presentation (30 min including Q & A), please inform Raluca Hodoroaba by indicating the title and giving a short abstract of your presentation.
This forum will be the first fully in-person event since the pandemic.
Many community members have expressed the wish to gather in person and we would like to honor this preference after providing them with a virtual or hybrid experience for two consequent years.To confirm your attendance, please submit the registration form no later than Sunday, May 15, 2022. Click here to register now.
On April 1, 2022, the Swiss Federal Council has decided to revoke all COVID-19 measures against the pandemic (read more).
Now that the measures and restrictions related to events have been lifted, individual responsibility in protecting everyone’s health has become of primary importance.