CSCS has recently upgraded its Cray XK6 platform to Cray XK7 by introducing NVIDIA K20x devices together with CUDA 5, and a new Cray programming environment that includes OpenACC compilers. The goal of this 2-day training course is to introduce new features of the platform and its programming environment, and to provide hands-on training on CUDA5 and OpenACC programming. Course attendees are also encouraged to bring their own codes.
Course Instructors: Alistair Hart (Cray), Peter Messmer (NVIDIA), CSCS staff.
The deadline for registration is February 11, 2013.
Please visit CSCS webpage » for registration and further details concerning the course.
DAY 1 TOPICS
- Cray XK7 platform (hardware details)
- Cray XK7 programming environment
- OpenACC introduction and roadmap
- Programming exercises using the Cray OpenACC Compiler
- Code development, debugging and performance analysis tools (OpenACC)
DAY 2 TOPICS
- CUDA introduction and roadmap
- CUDA 5 and Kepler devices
- CUDA programming exercises
- Code development, debugging and performance analysis tools (CUDA)
- CUDA and OpenACC interoperability