The 2012 International Supercomputing Conference Research Paper and Tutorial Committees are now accepting full papers and tutorial proposals for ISC’12 in Europe. The ISC’12 Call for Papers is supported by the IEEE Germany Section.
The deadline for research paper and tutorial submissions is Sunday, January, 22, 2012. Please refer to the ISC’12 website for full submission guidelines or contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The ISC’12 conference and exhibition, the 27th in the ISC series, will take place June 17 – 21, 2012, and is expected to draw more than 2,400 academic and industry attendees and 160 exhibitors representing high-performance computing, networking and storage to Hamburg, Germany.
High-quality research papers reporting original work in theoretical, experimental and industry research and development are sought in the following areas:
- Architectures (multicore/manycore systems, heterogeneous systems, network technology and programming models)
- Algorithms and Analysis (scalability on future architectures, performance evaluation and tuning)
- Large-Scale Simulations (coupled simulations, industrial simulations and data visualization)
- Future Trends (Exascale HPC, HPC in the Cloud)
- Storage and Data (file systems and tape libraries, data intensive applications and databases)
- Software Engineering in HPC (application of methods, surveys)
- Supercomputing Facility (batch job management, job mix and system utilization and monitoring and administration tools)
- A totally new topic next year will be the Scalable Applications: 50k+ (ISC Research thrust). The Research Paper committee encourages scientists to submit results which demonstrate scaling of an application to more than 50,000 cores.
ISC Awards Program
Two awards will be given to the most outstanding papers. The German Gauss Center for Supercomputing sponsors the Gauss Award, which will be assigned to the most outstanding paper in the field of scalable supercomputing.
The second award is the PRACE (the Partnership for Advanced Computing) Award which will be awarded to the best scientific paper by a European student or scientist in the following areas – a breakthrough in science achieved with high performance computing resources, algorithms or implementations that achieve significant improvements in scalability and novel approaches to performance evaluation on massively parallel architectures.
The ISC’12 Tutorials are intended as educational events that cover all areas as listed on the Call for Research Papers. However, ISC encourage tutorials of broad applicability rather than those focusing solely on the research in a limited domain or a particular group.
Presenters are encouraged to incorporate hands-on sessions where it is appropriate and provide the attendees with a comprehensive introduction to the topic before moving on to cover specific approaches in more depth.
Other Submission Deadlines
Call for Student Volunteers: Monday, April 2, 2012
Call for Posters: Monday, April 9, 2012
Call for BoFs: Monday, April 9, 2012
Questions about the technical program should be directed to the Conference Program Coordinator, Ms. Heike Walther, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the great success of last year, hpc-ch will again participate at the ISC conference and exhibit with a community booth.