CSCS, the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre offers to master students in Computational Science and Engineering different types of Summer and Regular internships in the field of High Performance Computing for the development and optimization of scientific applications, in order to exploit the coming generations of supercomputing devices.
Activities that can be subject of an internship are:
- Generic Communication Library development, testing and optimization
- GPU implementation of the CHARM code for cosmological simulations
- Refactoring and optimization of the RAMSES code on the GPUs
- Analysis of data compression techniques to reduce climate model output
- Application of FastBit technology to Large Data files from HPC simulations
- Investigating the D programming language in HPC
Internships are granted to Swiss citizens or members of EU/EFTA states due to the cost and administrative effort involved for other nationals.