hpc-ch is a community linking all HPC service providers in Switzerland. In our four years of existence, we were able to create a vibrant community with a very intense knowledge transfer and a lot of interpersonal contacts. In the last months we were able to extend our community from academia to industry with representatives of the banking, pharmaceutical and engineering industries. To commemorate this important step, we would like to invite you to participate to the next forum of the hpc-ch community to be held on:
Thursday, May 23th, 2013 from 10:00 until 17:00, kindly hosted by Novartis in Basel.
This meeting will bring together all members of the hpc-ch community (academia and industry), giving a unique networking possibly and the chance to exchange best practices. We would like the talks to address the following points:
- Overview of HPC activities in the different companies.
- What are the (business) applications of HPC?
- How are HPC services being provided?
- What are the challenges about HPC in industry?
Participation is on invitation only.
The agenda lists the following presentations (full agenda):
- Welcome and introduction; Michele De Lorenzi (CSCS), Nicholas Holway (Novartis)
- Keynote presentation; Nicholas Holway (Novartis)
- Presentation of the Swiss HPC Service Provider community; Christian Bolliger (UZH)
- Application of HPC in Formula1; Frank Albina and Francesco Del Citto (Sauber-Motorsport)
- HPC for Derivative Pricing @ Credit Suisse; Georg Schneider (Credit Suisse)
- Train run forecast @ SBB; Marc Hoffmann and Peter Kreuzer (SBB)
- Simulation activities at ABB; Arthouros Iordanidis (ABB Switzerland)
- HPC from the cloud; Steve Litster (Novartis)
- HPC enabling R&D at Philip Morris International; Jim Geuther (Philip Morris International ITSC)
- Computer aided engineering at Hilti; Reinhard Guserle (Hilti)