The first 8 projects to be supported by HP2C have been accepted. A decision about 4 additional projects is expected in the next weeks.
In December 2009, the steering committee of HP2C selected the following 8 projects to be supported:
- Advanced Gyrokinetic – Advanced gyrokinetic numerical simulations of turbulence in fusion plasmas; Prof. Laurent Villard, EPF Lausanne
- CP2K – New Frontiers in ab initio Molecular Dynamics; Prof. Dr. Juerg Hutter, Uni Zürich
- Computational Cosmology Computational Cosmology on the Petascale; Prof. Dr. George Lake, Uni Zürich
- Selectome – Selectome, looking for Darwinian evolution in the tree of life; Prof. Dr. Marc Robinson-Rechavi, Uni Lausanne
- Cardiovascular System – HPC for Cardiovascular System Simulations; Prof. Alfio Quarteroni, EPFL
- MAQUIS – Modern Algorithms for Quantum Interacting Systems; Prof. Thierry Giamarchi, University of Geneva
- PETAQUAKE – Large-Scale Parallel Nonlinear Optimization for High Resolution 3D-Seismic Imaging; Dr. Olaf Schenk, Uni Basel
- Stellar Explosions – Productive 3D Models of Stellar Explosions; Dr. Matthias Liebendörfer, Uni Basel
A decision about 4 additional projects is expected in the next weeks.