Call For Papers:
- Tools for Program Development and Analysis in Computational Science
- Workshop at ICCS 2011, Tsukuba, Japan, June 1-3, 2011
- Submission Deadline: January 8, 2011
This very successful workshop is a continuation from previous years, and has been organized since the first ICCS conference 10 years ago.
Tools for Program Development and Analysis in Computational Science
2011 International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2011)
Tsukuba, Japan, June 1-3, 2011
The use of supercomputing technology, parallel and distributed processing, and sophisticated algorithms is of major importance for computational scientists. Yet, the scientists’ goals are to solve their challenging scientific problems, not the software engineering tasks associated with it.
For that reason, computational science and engineering must be able to rely on dedicated support from program development and analysis tools.
The primary intention of this workshop is to bring together developers of tools for scientific computing and their potential users. Paper submissions by both tool developers and users from the scientific and engineering community are encouraged in order to inspire communication between both groups. Tool developers can present to users how their tools support scientists and engineers during program development and analysis.
Tool users are invited to report their experiences employing such tools, especially highlighting the benefits and possible improvements.
The following areas and related topics are of interest:
- Problem solving environments for specific application domains
- Application building and software construction tools
- Domain-specific analysis tools
- Program visualization and visual programming tools
- On-line monitoring and computational steering tools
- Requirements for (new) tools emerging from the application domain
In addition, we encourage software tool developers to describe use cases and practical experiences of software tools for real-world applications in the following areas:
- Tools for parallel, distributed and network-based computing
- Testing and debugging tools
- Performance analysis and tuning tools
- (Dynamic) Instrumentation and monitoring tools
- Data (re-)partitioning and load-balancing tools
- Checkpointing and restart tools
- Tools for resource management, job queuing and accounting
We invite researchers and developers to submit a full paper of up to 10 pages (A4), describing new and original results, for publication and oral presentation. The submitted paper must be formatted according to the rules of Procedia Computer Science. (http://www.iccs-meeting.org/)
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
Please submit your paper via the conference website at http://www.iccs-meeting.org/iccs2011/papers/upload.php, selecting the workshop “Tools for Program Development and Analysis in Computational Science”.
The proceedings of the ICCS 2011 will be published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series. The workshop papers are contained in the same proceeding of the conference.
January 8, 2011: Full papers submission due
February 20, 2011: Notification of acceptance
March 7, 2011: Camera ready papers